EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time
HOURS: 40 hours per week
SALARY (Annual): Starts at $50,000
Development and Communications Coordinator
The Development and Communications Coordinator will be an essential part of the development team at The Attic Youth Center working closely with the Director of Development and the Executive Director. The Development and Communications Coordinator will work on all areas of fundraising and communications including maintaining the donor database, and donor lists for annual mailings & online solicitation campaigns (Giving Tuesday, annual end of year appeal, etc.), grants management, grant and report writing, special events, and communications (email marketing, social media, press releases, and more).
The Development and Communications Coordinator is a full-time exempt position and will report directly to the Director of Development. The position provides a great opportunity to work on all aspects of fundraising and marketing for a growing nonprofit. This position is benefits eligible the first day of employment.
- Prepare, write, and assemble grant proposals and reports for foundations, in collaboration with the Director of Development.
- Conduct research on prospective donors, including individuals, corporations, and foundations. In addition, conduct ongoing research in business, philanthropy, and related fields to identify potential donors and sources of donor information.
- Write and develop donor communications- newsletters, e-mail, social media, website, and annual appeal.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and other donor correspondence.
- Manage The Attic’s donor database (Salesforce).
- Ensure all gifts are accurately entered.
- Provide quality assurance for maintaining database integrity.
- Create appropriate reports to provide information and analyze results.
- Attend Fundraising Committee meetings.
- Assist in planning fundraising events.
- Provide support for other activities and projects related to fundraising and marketing as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Passionate about The Attic’s mission to create opportunities for LGBTQ youth.
- Dedicated commitment to youth development and social justice.
- Three or more years of experience working in development and/or communications at a nonprofit organization. Must have full-time, paid work experience in this field.
- Excellent writing ability. Please include a writing sample of a grant, newsletter, or appeal letter.
- Must have at least two years of previous grant writing experience. Familiarity with regional and local funders a plus.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- Resourceful in using databases and researching prospects.
- Experience using Salesforce and/or other donor databases required.
- Outstanding organizational skills and initiative. Rigorous attention to detail.
- Required to sit and use their hands and fingers, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Often uses a computer, tablet, or other office technology such as a copy machine and printer.
- Hearing abilities required by this job in
- Retrieve and deliver supplies from storage areas and move boxes and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Office work environment, hybrid eligible.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Development and Communications Coordinator job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the posted job.
The Attic Youth Center recognizes the necessity of maintaining a network of staff, board members, interns, and volunteers that is reflective of and accountable to the communities that we serve.
The Attic Youth Center is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected group or status.
Only prospective candidates will be contacted. Please do not call with inquiries.