EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time, on-site.
HOURS: 40 hours per week
COMPENSATION: $18-20 per hour
Employee Medical and dental insurance premiums fully covered by employer.
The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general upkeep and cleaning of the building and property. Inspects the premises on a daily basis to identify potential problems. Serves as the point of contact for all facilities and equipment maintenance, defects, and repair work. Maintains facilities records including equipment repairs, permits and facilities plan. This is a full-time, non-exempt position and will report directly to the Executive Director.
Attic Youth Center Values include treating all youth, visitors, and employees with caring, kindness, respect, and dignity, maintaining strict confidentiality of all information, and adhering to the policies, procedures, code of conduct and attendance rules of The Attic Youth Center.
The Attic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that The Attic Youth Center facility is always clean and safe.
- Completing assigned maintenance repair tasks including but not limited to:
- Drywall repair, patching, and painting
- Carpentry repair of doors, molding, furnishings, cabinets
- Plumbing repair and caulking of toilets and sinks
- Electrical maintenance of lights, interior & exterior, and light fixtures
- HVAC maintenance of filters, grills, belts, and heating
- General Maintenance and Safety including carbon monoxide & smoke detector batteries, keeping exits free & clear
- Lock/keys repair and install new locks, prepare all necessary keys and provide keys to main office
- Maintain log of all maintenance and repairs performed
- Maintain cleanliness of buildings including garbage removal, sweeping of common spaces, vacuuming, and mopping floors, dusting, street litter removal, etc.
- Shovel/salt sidewalk and walkways as required.
- Assist in the creation of preventable maintenance and repair schedule.
- Assist in maintaining different building systems i.e.: HVAC, elevator, fire/alarm systems and fire extinguisher equipment
- Responds to urgent tasks related to the facility during open hours.
- On-call at all times to answer emergency calls (alarm, fire, etc) and responds in a timely manner.
- Communicates with Executive Director and other staff to ensure off-hours emergencies are addressed. Coordinates follow-up repair and maintenance as required.
- Maintain inventory of facility supplies, including ordering supplies as needed.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned
- Must have knowledge in the various building trades including: janitorial, electrical, plumbing, drywall, HVAC, and carpentry; a minimum of three years of experience with facility maintenance and safety requirements
- Knowledge of and ability to operate miscellaneous hand tools, and power tools
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel) is preferred
- Must complete FBI, Child Abuse and PA Criminal Background checks to obtain clearance to work in a facility with youth
- Fluent English required. Bilingual in Spanish preferred
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Building Maintenance Technician job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Building Maintenance Technician job.
- Often required to stand, walk, and sit
- Vision abilities required by this job include ability to visually inspect the facility and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate and work in community and/or group environments where multiple conversations and simultaneous sound stimuli (music, traffic, etc) occur.
- Retrieve and deliver supplies, boxes, and equipment to and from storage areas.
- Regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl.
- Often works outdoors, sometimes in inclement weather conditions.